Guests from near and far will take to the streets of Truckee, CA for the fifth adults-only Historical Haunted Tour on Thursday, October 16 and Friday, October 17, 2014.
During the walking tour, a creative fundraising event that celebrates local legends and history with highly entertaining and spooky twists, small groups of residents and visitors are guided to interesting sites where they will be immersed in engaging tales performed by talented characters. The tour skillfully weaves together dramatic, downright haunting and laugh-out-loud funny stories inspired by times of yore.
Event producer Christina Stoever-Young of Sunshine Tahoe attributes much of the Tour’s success to the incredible dedication of local business owners and managers and the world-class talent offered by all of the dedicated volunteers. The Tour began as a three-year experiment to celebrate Truckee’s historic gems and attract business to town during a historically quiet time while also raising funds for worthy causes. The event quickly became a sensation, selling out and attracting a waitlist list every year since inception.
- Local businesses contribute to a treasure-packed raffle that celebrates unique work by Truckee-based artisans and travel packages featuring lodging, dining and specials from the event’s sponsors – The Truckee Hotel, Hampton Inn & Suites Truckee Tahoe and Moody’s Bistro.
- People can secure a private tour with one of six exclusive VIP Tours ($1,000). The exclusive tours include wine, raffle tickets and a special guide for up to 16 people.
- Event lodging partners are offering deals for those who book early, including The Truckee Hotel and Truckee’s Hampton Inn & Suites
- The Tour’s profits will support Trails & Vistas’ youth-focused art hikes and operations.
Individual tickets will be sold for $40 on July 1 at TruckeeHistoryTour.com. To be among the first to know when tickets become available, register at www.sunshinetahoe.com/contact.
Will you be among the lucky first to book an exclusive private tour for October 16 or 17, 2014?
Treat your clients, staff or family! Or bring together ten of your favorite people for $100 each for a fabulous night to remember in historic downtown Truckee. Everyone will receive a glass of wine or non alcoholic beverage at Moody’s Bistro, two raffle tickets each and an unforgettable night on the town while supporting arts in nature for third grade students.
Your private group will depart from Moody’s for a thrilling adventure through historic downtown Truckee. Along the way, entertainers will transport you to a bygone era of our celebrated railroad town. Expect spooky tales, tantalizing scandals and racy stories.
The Historical Haunted Tour has consistently sold-out. We hit an all time high in 2012 when the tour entertained 430 people and boasted a wait list of more than 100. We believe this year’s VIP experience will be no different. Secure your date and time while available. On Monday, Feb. 10, the general public will have the opportunity to book a VIP Tour. Every one attending the tour must be at least 21 years of age (IDs will be checked).
Sunshine Tahoe is now casting volunteers for Truckee’s 2014 Historic Haunted Tour.
The Tour will take place on Thursday, Oct. 16 and Friday, Oct. 17.
Looking for volunteer actors, performers and storytellers to bring Truckee’s vibrant past to life in the 2014 Historic Haunted Tour! If you can engage an audience and enjoy playing with people, if history and the arts are important to you and if you want to have a rip-roaring good and spooky time, this is a gig for you! Take advantage of this wonderful and outrageously fun opportunity to showcase your talents. Submit your resume (or a few words about yourself) plus a headshot with “HHTCasting” in the subject line to email@example.com by Feb. 25. Include a brief statement about why the Tour needs you. Actors must be at least 21 years old.
As of February 5, 2014
- Apply to be one of the five main Haunts – Applications are available by e-mail ($500 cash or in-kind sponsorship).
- Underwrite amazing costumes, $250
- Sponsor all of one school’s third grade classes for $300*
- Underwrite two field trip art performers / artists, $600.
- Underwrite co-branded flashlights for 450 attendees
- Purchase one of six exclusive $1,000 VIP Tours
- Contribute an item or basket valued at $100 or more for the on-site raffle
- Provide thank you gift for the 100 outstanding volunteers that make the Tour possible (gift cards or dinner or post Tour celebration / volunteer appreciation night)
- Customize your in-kind or cash sponsorship package with Sunshine Tahoe
- Host Sponsor – Filled by Moody’s Bistro Bar & Beats!
- Design – Filled by Atypical Design!
Recognition on Tour web site and in marketing material including media releases plus the good feeling that comes from supporting local arts, culture and youth!
Funds raised through the Tour will provide Trails & Vistas signature youth art hikes for more than 300 third grade students from Truckee, North Lake and Incline Village as well as support Trails & Vistas operations.